Saturday 21 April 2012

No girls!

Gosh what a concept! Crafty Boots challenge had me a little foxed on this but this is what I came up with..

 I used a craft card tag and a harliquin stencil to do three layers of colours with acrylic paint, brown, blue and white. Tumbled glass distress ink round the edges and a bit of vintage photo around the bottom edges.

I saw the lovely Lin Brown distress a name plate at the PaperArtsy stand at Ally Pally on Saturday and was inspired. I used a light blue acrylic then darker splodged on the top and sanded a bit away. I used a bit of distress ink round the edges not as graet as Lin's but I had a try.





The Fixed price man (nice concept) stamp was from Ally Pally from who I thought was rubber necker stamps - can't find the link to who I thought thay were. They sell lots of different stamps just cut up and unmounted, he appealed.I realised that I needed to stamp him on something different as the background was so dark. I choose white card and lightly distressed him with Vintage photo. The phrase the eyes see everything was from Mini 02 I masked the top of the stamp, thanks to Hels S who reminded me how to do this! I stamped another Paperartsy mini 56 at the top and then decided that some watch parts donated by a friend would sit beautifully in the circles. The name plate had an off cut of paper  and the watch hands jazzed it up. The brads I suspect may be woodware? I did n't noticed I had one screwhead and one phillips head, opps.



Thanks for the challenge Crafty Boots!!
PS - sorry about the sidewise photo's.. I have been having some trouble with blogger...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bev

    Another lovely tag and congratulations on using your Ali Pali purchases, mine are still in the carrier bag!

    Thank you for sharing your creation with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now then! It doesn't look like this was a challenge at all! Love the chap and the excellent techniques you've used! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Boots x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love the background another great entry for the crafty boots challenge, thanks for joining us X Sara x

    ReplyDelete